Modification Letter Earring
The Weaving Collection features seed pearls strung together into textural, voluminous pieces reminiscent of textiles by feminist artist Sheila Hicks.
Lines of delicate freshwater pearls in varying sizes evoke a tapestry. Framed in gold and suspended from a brilliant opal, these earrings are equally contemporary and classic.
- 14k solid recycled gold
- Opals: Diameter 7x9mm, approximately 2.42 cts total per pair, Australia origin
- Pearls: Diameter 1.5mm-4mm, approximately 18 cts total per pair, sustainably cultured in China
- Frame: 31mm x 20mm
- Earring: Total Length 43”, Total Width 20”
Pearls benefit from being worn and absorbing the natural oils on your skin. While they benefit from moisture, they should not be submerged in water. When cleaning, gently wipe with a soft cloth before putting them away. They can also be scratched due to their soft surface and should therefore be stored separately from other jewelry.
Our opals are all natural and each unique to their cut and color. We're proud of our stones and guarantee the best selection that is available. Please note that while we guarantee this quality, we, however, cannot promise exact replicas of the colors photographed due to the natural variations within the stone. Thank you in advance for understanding!
While we love the brilliance of our opals, it's important to know that this comes hand in hand with the fact that they are a "softer" stone. In general, we recommend being gentle with your opal rings, follow the tips above, and be mindful not to hit them against something hard by mistake. Damaged opals are not uncommon, so keep in mind that our customer service is here for you. We also offer polishing, resizing, and prong tightening of any WWAKE products.
Items in stock ship within 2 business days from purchase. Items not in stock are made to order and require 5-6 weeks before shipping.
Shipping & Handling
All shipments are sent fully insured with tracking information. A signature upon delivery is required for orders over $500.
- Wynd Standard - $11 (2-7 business days)
- Wynd Second Day - $20 (2 business days)
- Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, & Puerto Rico - $28
- International Shipping - $48, not including duties & taxes
Returns and Exchanges
- Eligible Returns are accepted until 10 days after the item is received.
- Items must be in original packaging with no signs of being worn.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to require a return.
- Discounted items, items marked final sale, and special order are not eligible for return, exchange, or store credit.
The pearl culturing process is cyclical –– it creates many by-products with little to no wastage! After the pearls have been harvested, the parts of the shells that are covered in lustrous nacre are used for jewelry, artwork, instruments, and accessories. Non-lustrous, and thick parts of the shell that remain are repurposed into tiny beads, to be used as nuclei and implanted into mollusks for growing more cultured pearls. Last, but not least, the mussel meat is used for fertilizer and animal food by local farmers.