Caged Pearl & Opal Drop Earring - Single
A solitary pearl hidden between delicate strands of gold with a dainty opal charm swaying beneath.
For additional butterfly earring backs click here.
- 14k solid recycled yellow gold
- 10k solid yellow gold butterfly earring back
- Seed Pearl, 4mm, 0.36ct, China origin
- Opal, 2mm, 0.03ct, Australia origin
This piece is handmade locally in New York using 100% post-consumer recycled gold responsibly-sourced 100% natural Australian opals. Pearls are cultured in China.
Pearls benefit from being worn and absorbing the natural oils on your skin. While they benefit from moisture, they should not be submerged in water. When cleaning, gently wipe with a soft cloth before putting them away. They can also be scratched due to their soft surface and should therefore be stored separately from other jewelry.
While we love the brilliance of our opals, it's important to know that this comes hand in hand with the fact that they are a "softer" stone. In general, we recommend being gentle with your opal jewelry, follow these general care tips, and be mindful not to hit them against something hard by mistake. Damaged opals are not uncommon, so keep in mind that our customer service is here for you. We also offer polishing, resizing, and prong tightening of any WWAKE products.
Items in stock ship within 2 business days from purchase. Items not in stock are made to order and require 5-6 weeks before shipping.
Shipping & Handling
All shipments are sent fully insured with tracking information. A signature upon delivery is required for orders over $500.
- UPS Standard - $11 (2-7 business days)
- UPS Second Day - $25 (2 business days)
- Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, & Puerto Rico - $28
- International UPS Saver - $48, not including duties & taxes
Returns and Exchanges
- Eligible Returns are accepted until 10 days after the item is received.
- Items must be in original packaging with no signs of being worn.
- Please contact email@example.com to require a return.
- Discounted items, items marked final sale, and special order are not eligible for return, exchange, or store credit.
The pearl culturing process is cyclical –– it creates many by-products with little to no wastage! After the pearls have been harvested, the parts of the shells that are covered in lustrous nacre are used for jewelry, artwork, instruments, and accessories. Non-lustrous, and thick parts of the shell that remain are repurposed into tiny beads, to be used as nuclei and implanted into mollusks for growing more cultured pearls. Last, but not least, the mussel meat is used for fertilizer and animal food by local farmers.